Ladies I get asked all the time what is your favorite foundation? I want to wear foundation, but don't know where to start. Today I wanted to share my favorites and how to apply foundation for a natural full-coverage look. I think foundation makes the biggest impact. If we are comfortable with our skin and how our foundation looks it helps bring out our confidence. I have tried many foundations, while some were great and others were awful.
The way I apply my foundation is with a beauty blender. It gives the best and most even coverage without comprising the way it looks on my skin. The beauty blender is very easy to work it and works best when a little damp. If you have any questions where I purchase my beauty blender and which brand I recommend please don't hesitate to ask.
When I worked for Laura Mericer I learned the proper way to apply foundation and match a women's face to the perfect shade. At first it was very difficult because we have different skin concerns and skin tones. After a few weeks I gained more confidence and was able to match and advice women that came to my counter. I learned different textures, skin concerns, and needs every women has. Most of us want our foundation to look natural yet provide full coverage. So all the foundations I will be sharing are full coverage, and are built able allowing you to be in control how much coverage you want to achieve while providing a natural looking appearance. Also my skin is oily, so I try to buy foundation that help with oil control, but still gives me a natural glow. After you have applied your foundation it is important to set it with a setting powder so your foundation sets, and stays in place all day. I have linked below my favorites, that I wear ever time I wear foundation. These products are my holy grail and you love them too!
1. Estee Lauder Double Wear stay in place Foundation. This is a foundation that I recommend to anyone that has any redness, acne scaring, and or anything else they would like to cover. This foundation is full coverage. Applying one layer is plenty in my opinion.
2. Chanel Perfection Lumiere is long lasting flawless fluid SPF 15 sunscreen foundation. I have repurchased this foundation a few times, and that says a lot because I am a make-up junkie but this foundation rocks! Mainly because it helps with the Texas humidity and heat. It allows me to feel confident wearing a full coverage foundation, it stays in place all day.
3. Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24 Makeup Foundation, SPF 15. I am in love with this foundation, it is beautiful on the skin. It gives my skin a natural glow and provides the perfect amount of coverage. It foundation is very blend able and easy to apply. The bonus I love the smell, it's fresh and not over-bearing. I recommend buying Lacome products when they are running their promotional sales, you can try more of their makeup for free and get a cute makeup bag.
4. Beauty Counter Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation. This foundation is a recent discovery thanks to my sweet friend that sells beauty counter cosmetics. I was able to purchase this foundation through her. Let me know if you need her contact; she is the sweetest most genuine soul! Y'all I am a believer because it has safe ingredients that are natural and not harmful for our skin. I love how build able it is and it gives my face a natural looking feel while still providing the perfect amount of coverage.
5. Dior Diorskin Forever Perfect Foundation SPF This is another foundation I highly recommend and have purchased several times over the years. I am in love mainly because it looks like my skin and gives me the perfect glow without looking cakey. I love how easy it is to apply and the bonus is the SPF of 35. It replaces my sunscreen when I am wearing this foundation.
I hope my tips were helpful! Your favorite foundations might be different and that is okay. Our skin concerns, lifestyles, and preferences are different. The best advice I can give you is to find a beauty counter make up artist that is more of a listener then a sales person. Book an appointment when they have make-up artists in the store. They will teach you how to properly apply foundation and give you lots of beauty advice! Someone that will listen to your concerns and what you want out of a foundation. Also YouTube is a great place to watch beauty videos and tutorials. As someone that has been in the beauty industry for many years I have learned the tricks and tips of makeup application. I would love to help you if you live in the Houston area. I do beauty and makeup consultations with my clients on a regular basis. I love to see the transformation and help with any skin concerns you might have. Please don't hesitate to reach out. My passion is to help women feel and look their most beautiful! Also below I have attached my favorite foundations, and I would appreciate if you use my links to help run styled by Nelli. Even if you don't purchase the exact products, by you using my links it still helps. Always know I'm here to chat if you ave any questions... let me know in the comments; what are some of your favorite foundations?
Lots of love,
Your stylist and friend,